Monday, April 9, 2007

weekly blog 02/19/07-02/25/07

Weekly Blog

02/19/07-02/25/07

I'm writing this as I chug one of the last diet root beers I will be having before Ash Wednesday, tomorrow. Even though I'm a protestant, I observe Lent. It helps deepen my relationship with God, and any deepening of that relationship, I welcome. I'm giving up soda pop, which I love. Every morning on my way to school I have a diet Pepsi, then one more when I get home, then usually a diet root beer at night. This will give me many opportunities to spend with God. Do any of you out there, observe Lent? Let me know what you're giving up. I'm just curious.

Book of the week: Ruthless Trust by Brennan Manning. Okay, Manning is my favorite writer, so I am partial to any of his work, but this I believe is one of his best. He talks about what it means to fully Trust in Jesus Christ, and what gets in our way. Great, great book.

Useless thing of the week: There's this cool website where you can download the handwriting fonts of Lincoln, Washington, Jefferson (our former Presidents), or Benjamin Franklin (not one of our Presidents). How cool!

http://www.killerfonts.com/order-President.html

Useful thing of the week: I just learned how to download videos from youtube (thank you Alex Ward) and I thought I'd share that with y'all. You need to have firefox as a browser and then you download a plug in or some computer word like that. I'm sure if you Google "download youtube videos" you can find it. Or if everybody reading this already knows how to do that and I'm just a 'tard, just ignore the last three sentences that you read.

Quote of the Week: "Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Of course inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." -- Groucho Marx

No comments: