Monday, April 9, 2007

weekly blog 03/06/07

Becky's Bashings 03/06/07

Becky's Bashings (thanks Ed, I like it and I'll try it out)

Okay, so I didn't exactly do a weekly blog last week. My bad. But, you know what? It's okay. It's okay. Because to quote Stuart Smalley, "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me." I'm working on trying not to be so much of a flake. Consistency is important, and something I value, I just need to value it a little more. Speaking of consistencies and bad segues, I posted a new Ronald Reagan Video on my site, and his speech could have been made yesterday, and it would still be just as relevant.

I'm going to try to be an optimist this week, so my list is my top 10 things to be happy about:

10. Cheez-it's are really cheesy.

09. The sun is shining today.

08. I have great friends

07. I had the privilege of spending time with my nephew Brett, this weekend.

06. I live in a great country with a great president.

05. I'm not stuck in a dungeon somewhere. (Jack Handey says, "Most of the time it was probably real bad being stuck down in a dungeon. But some days, when there was a bad storm outside, you'd look out your little window and think, 'Boy, I'm glad I'm not out in that.')

04. To my knowledge, an insect hasn't laid eggs in my brain.

03. I have the opportunity to attend college.

02. Chico has many trees.

01. God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good. (That brings me like, so much more than happiness).

What makes you happy?

Useful fact of the week: While Rudy Giuliani is ahead in the polls as a frontrunner for the Republican nomination for President, according to a recent poll, 60% of the people that chose him as their candidate, did not know he was pro-choice. It's just interesting to me. Would that change your vote?

Useless fact of the week: You know how people make those strange sideways faces with the keystrokes, like :) . This one, I learned, is Ronald Reagan 7:) . Do you see the resemblance? You can go to this useless website and learn all sorts of useless smileys: http://www.eyrie.org/%7Emasonk/smileys.html

Quote of the week: I got really depressed when people said I should think positive. I thought, "If that's what I have to do to survive, I'm never going to make it."
-John, a 52-year-old with cancer

No comments: