Monday, April 9, 2007

weekly blog 03/29/07

Pierson's Pearls of wisdom 03-29-07
Happy Spring break to those whose break is coming up and to those who already had theirs … congrats? Oh, and if you don't get a spring break, sorry.

What I'm currently reading:
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass by Lewis Carroll. I found this book that had both stories in it, at my parent's house, and I realized I have never read it. Out of all the characters at Disneyland, I think I would want to be Alice, because she wears a simple dress with just a ribbon in her hair, and I wouldn't even have to wear a wig, because my hair is already blonde! What a sweet gig. I could wave to people, take pictures with little kids (I might have to hug them, but I could get over that).

So… Has anybody else read these books? Whaddya think? I'm only about a quarter of the way through the first book, and it's insane!

Things I overheard at my Dentist Office last week while I was sitting in the chair waiting for my mouth to get numb:
"Is he paying for everything, but food?"

"No, everything. Otherwise I wouldn't go."

"oohhh."

"Oouch!"

"She had surgery on her butt!!" (That was yelled by my dentist)

"What's up with his earring?"

Reasons why my 65-year-old dentist, Dr. Savage might have decided to get an earring, last week:

-He's going through a midlife crisis (obvious answer)

-He wanted something to match his motorcycle and his helmet that both have flames on them.

-At 65, he wanted to relate with his younger patients, so he decided it was either the earring or a grill, and being a dentist, he went with the earring.

-He's hard of hearing and to prideful to admit that he thought his wife said they were going to, "get a herring."???? What else rhymes with earring?

-He is just plain silly.

-Or, as he told one patient, "I woke up one morning, and the Good Lord had blessed me with an earring."

What I want to do this week:
I want to find a really good biography of Winston Churchill. The more I hear about him, the more I want to know, so if anybodyhas any suggestions, let me know, please. Do you think anybody ever called him Winny?

Quote of the Week:
"We are all worms. But I do believe I am a glowworm."
- Winston Churchill

Have A Great Week!!!

No comments: