Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Wildlife Warrior, that's me?

Alligator kills man trying to flee the police
This story on was on FoxNews.com, but it linked to the local paper. What kinda disturbed me about it, was this part of the story: “If an alligator either digests or kills a person it's a state law through Florida Fish and Wildlife that it be destroyed, so the alligator will be put in an incinerator or be buried, Tongen reported.”
I’ve never been accused of being a “tree-hugger” or a “naturalist”, but it seems unfair for the alligator to be destroyed. The man, the criminal, ventured into his territory and the gator did what comes naturally to him, he attacked. That’s what gators do! That’s why you don’t go swimming where they are! If someone makes the mistake of getting too close to a gator, it’s their fault, not the gator’s. It just doesn’t seem right.

To stick with the animal theme

I admit it. I’m a tad obsessed with Steve Irwin (Steve Irwin Day is Thursday!). But, this is recent news. He made such a huge impact. I sometimes wonder why God would decide to take someone like him so early? Would he have burnt out? Was it because through his death, conservation has grown? It makes me think about my life. What have I or will I accomplish that can compare to Steve’s life? Do you ever think God might have made a mistake? I know he didn’t, but I just can’t help but wonder why...

No comments: